Wednesday, February 4, 2015

PRO Graphics / Trailsigns

P.R.O. Graphics & Design is a small, independently owned and operated sign company based out of Somerville, MA. I specialize in high-quality interior and exterior signs, custom made to the highest standards. I work closely with clients to assess their needs, offer fun and interesting design, and produce a product that they will be proud of for years to come. 

I worked in the sign business for ten years, working on projects for Harvard University, Tufts University, First Night Boston, as well as hundreds of local businesses, from biotech start-ups to pizza shops. In 2013 I took a hiatus to walk the Appalachian Trail in its entirety, and when I returned was inspired to begin making replicas of signs from, and inspired by, this great American footpath. I use old-school hand carving techniques to make copies of signs for fellow outdoors afficianadoes, usually to commemorate their favorite trail, but also create original hand-carved pieces. I use reclaimed materials whenever possible, since the character of old wood brings dimension to these pieces. 
 
While P.R.O. Graphics and Trailsigns have a different customer base and aesthetic, there is a lot of overlap. In both venues I try to come up with an idea and design an inspired package based on originality and satisfying my clients' needs and wants. I execute this to my fullest ability, using tried and true techniques that will ensure a long-lasting product. I like to merge old and new techniques, from the sharp look of cut vinyl graphics to hand-tooled wood incised carving, from cut steel and LEDs to 23K gold leafing. The wise combination of these processes is what I believe makes a great sign, to create a balance of aesthetics and utility.

No comments:

Post a Comment