Sunday, March 15, 2015

White Mountain signs

"...the mountains fixed me. There’s no other way to say it. And when you find something that works that effectively, and is that powerful, it’s almost useless to try to resist its calling."

The White Mountains in New Hampshire are where I fell in love with backpacking, and where I learned about the Appalachian Trail. It was on a five day backpacking trip along the AT in the Whites that I realized my desire to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail, a dream I realized in 2013 and '14. I spent a lot of time there in 2012 especially, when I hiked the 48 four-thousand-footers, which you can read about here, on my 4000 footer blog.

I've created several White Mountain Trailsigns for various customers, along with a lot of others from other places along the Appalachian Trail. The Whites are, and always will be, a truly special  and spiritual place for me.











No comments:

Post a Comment